Thursday, February 28, 2013

Feb Four Hundo?

Wow! It can't believe it's the end of the month already! It seems to have flown by. 


Luckily not a leap year.

So how did I do in the Feb Four Hundo challenge? And what--if anything--did I learn? 
Let's start with the results first. 





Take it away, Freddie!

That's right through a combination of eating a lot of Carl Weathers inspired stews, cutting back on alcohol consumption, and using a combination of public transit, car2go, a rental car, and my still unrepaired but functional and beloved scooter, I've been able to keep my discretionary expenses this month to $386.80. Throw in $450 for rent, $300 for student loans, and $150 for health insurance, and you're looking at a grand total of about $1300 for one truncated month of good clean Texas livin'! 



But, dear readers, I must admit to one, shady, off-the-books, Texas-sized fraud, which may cause some--if not all--of you to question this whole endeavor I've undertaken here. 


That's right, I was the master mind of the Enron scandal! But, to make amends,  I will be evenly dividing the remaining $13.20 from the Feb Four Hundo challenge and distributing it to all those who still have pending litigation against Enron working its way through the courts. 

JK! LOL! While  I was not involved in cooking the books at Enron, I did splurge on a wristband for this year's South by Southwest Music Festival. This little indulgence ran me about $180, and definitely put me over the $400 target. I justified it based on the fact I won't actually consume my purchase until March and on the basis of awesomeness. Plus, JT might be there




Wearing my tattered Suit & Tie to SXSW

So what have I learned for this little experiment? 1) Brining adds nice flavor to a roast chicken and keeps it from drying out. 2) I really enjoy blogging. 3) $400 can go a long way. 

Thanks for following along with me and Seb through this adventure. See you next year? 




No comments:

Post a Comment