Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 1

In preparation for the the challenge, I went ahead and paid off all of my credit cards to a $0 balance so I could better keep track of my spending. Without Ms. Jones' economics and personal finance course, I don't know how I would have made it all these years. (I have a little secret: I never turned in my stock portfolio which was apparently 30% of our grade and I still made a B+ [btw Matt See Beyond Tech ended up being bought by Sun Systems for $4.50/share).

After paying off all of my balances, I promptly went out and spent $58 on dinner and drinks and spent $17 on an Über home. I am already starting to get the shakes from Über withdrawal.


This morning I stopped at the bank and took out my weekly allowance. I suppose we can make it a Friday tradition for the next four weeks.


So with my new budget I figure I will have to put more thought into planning, which as many of you know is not my strong suit. Here are my preliminary plans for this weekend: 

Friday night: 

Dinner with my friends Ben and Sam on H Street then back to one of our places for great conversation and some root beers. (budget: $15)

Saturday: 

Noon: Bike brewery tour with my friend Lia and some DC Bike Party folks (budget $15)
If you like cool people and biking check out their FB page 


Evening: Either a house party or movie night at mine (budget: $0)

Sunday: 

Super Bowl: Not sure where yet but will aim for a house party instead of a bar

-Seb



No comments:

Post a Comment